Buckland Beacon is a prominent outcrop that possesses some of the finest views within the whole national park. Below the summit on its north side, a large rock face appears.
Crossing guides us; "In front of us is another wall, in which there is also a gate, and on passing through this we shall find ourselves close to Buckland Beacon. This small group of rocks attains and elevation of 1,282 feet, and though presenting nothing striking in itself, should by all means be visited on account of the particularly fine view commanded from it."
Buckland Beacon is perhaps best known for the Ten Commandments Stones; two granite slabs below the summit featuring inscriptions. This was commissioned by the Lord of Buckland Manor in 1928 to celebrate Parliament rejecting the adoption of a new Book of Prayer. The sculptor was a W. A. Clement. Recently, the inscriptions have been restored so the visitor can read them clearly. In addition, on the summit, there is the Jubilee Stone, but unfortunately, it is very hard to see.