Chubb Tor, Chubbtor
Private Land. Accessed along the West Devon Way, beside the disused railway. Pass under a small tunnel, hidden in the bushes. Tor is to the right on exit. The most prominent section is this lower level, but does stretch to higher ground.
This outcrop lies some two hundred and fifty metres north-east of the Ordnance Survey and Terry Bound's positioning, and a couple of hundred metres north of Chubbtor Farm. It is, however, within Chubbtor Wood.
Nearby is an old shaft, part of the disused Yeoland Consol Mine and whilst the outcrop is hidden away behind the railway embankment now, it is certain there was a time when the tor would have likely been prominent, especially to the early workers of the tin mine, which was first established in the 1600's. The building of the railway and the demise of the tin mine led to its "disappearance" from the local consciousness in all but the names of the houses and the woods.