This is an area of several small low-lying moss-covered rockpiles residing in what is now known as Kennick Copse. However, the Tithe Map for the Parish of Christow documents the name for this area as Slade Rocks, therefore preceding the name Max Piper gave for the tor: 'Kennick Rocks'.
Best accessed and viewed from a now disused car park near Mardon Cross, this is an impressive spread of outcrops that sprawl through the trees above the road beside Kennick Reservoir. The outcrop extends east to Kennick Dam, completed in 1884, where there is evidence it has been quarried.
Whether the quarry predates the construction of Kennick and Tottiford Reservoirs is not known, it may just have been used for that purpose as it was certainly a valuable local source of granite.