Stonelands North Tor
Despite its obvious prominence above Stonelands well to the north of Bovey Tracey and above the lower end of the once public highway that is now known as Little John's Walk, it seems that Tim Jenkinson is the first to record the tor in the literature as recently as 2013.
Having already photographed the spectacle back in August 2011 his entry in the article is as follows 'Whilst Crossing mentions John Cann's Rocks in his account he rather strangely omits to describe the far grander cliff like face that juts from the wooded hillside above and to the north of the Stonelands Estate'. Crossing's reference to the area dates to 1912.
The impressive crag is exposed in winter months and resembles a giant stone lizard head peeping from the trees which is readily visible from Lower Aller Lane. Please note that the bulk of the tor is set on private land and no access is afforded.